Header Ads

How To Kill Termites Naturally in Home and Yard


I have found a very effective and damn cheap way to rid especially subterranean termites and it is very safe. All you need is a few kilos/pounds of solid granulated common salt. Pour the salt into the termites nests and around your house especially at the places where the pest is likely to sneak in like the cracks and crevices on the floor or walls. Do likewise inside your house. Repeat the process every three or four months, and you will be rid of these termites forever.



If you're going to use Termidor, as with any chemical, ALWAYS use it as per the label rates. In Australia you can only use it at 0.6% active ingredient concentrate. (Equates to 600ml per 100L or 6ml per liter in Metric terms) The active ingredient (Fipronil) in Termidor is a delayed action termiticide, it's power is in the fact that it slowly kills the termites, allowing them to pass the chemical on to one another, it also has the added benefit of being non repellant. One reason why chemicals fail is that they are misapplied. Always read the label and follow it strictly! It will pay off. (Don't think more chemical is better!)

Watch The Video:




Just a little advice, when your drilling outside slab where a glass door etc. is, put your body between the drill handle ( in your case would be the left side of the drill motor ) and the glass. That will stop the handle from breaking the glass if the bit gets hung on some rebar etc. and the drill kicks back.

You probably should of gone for Taurus SC, same active ingredient as Termidor but it's cheaper.

I basically used the same technique, 4" trench x 10' to 4 gallons, on the holes in the cement I poured 2 quarts in each hole (which I drilled 12" apart). 2 days later ( I made a sprayer nozzle for my pump up sprayer with a car metal brake line, which I made a very tiny hole in the side and sealed the end)(tried it sprays great) I sprayed some more solution into the holes (not a lot) I also sprayed into the air breather holes in the side of my brick house that go all around the house that are about 15 inches up from the dirt and 3 bricks apart. (You could drill?) (I did this to get between the brick and wall space) used solution 1.2 oz Taurus SC per gallon of water for all. Now to make sure I'm protected I'm going to use bora care inside my walls drilling holes in between studs and using sprayer to coat wood studs inside walls to further keep termites and wood borers out. Bora care is permanent, lasts forever they say. pests eat wood treated with bora care and die. I'm no professional but I did research all that I'm doing. I may bora care the wood in attic also in case  dry wood termites ever invade?Been 4 days since I used the Taurus SC and I'm finding dead spiders, crickets, cockroaches, and ants around the outside of the house.

Bravo to you for taking this on yourself. I am a self taught general contractor going on 25 yrs and will at least try anything once. I even painted my own truck. I can relate to the negative comments on here. Most pros, not all, get a little miffed when someone takes on their job at a fraction of the cost especially when it is done in a competent way. Many times the owner or sales guy is great but in my experience its a crap shoot as to the quality of the actual worker showing up. Plus, if you are like me, I just can't  stomach paying someone $1,000 to dig a trench and drill some holes. Electricians, plumbers, carpenters just ripping people with so called industry standard pricing. Yes, I know there are plenty of home owner hacks out there which justifies codes and licensing but come on....... Anything you can do yourself without endangering yourself or family, I say go for it and tell the pros it will cost $1,000 to clean their gutters

Great question so far no termites and I even went to the extent of going around the entire home to do another inspection and to be reassured had  my people that work for a pest control company verify no termites, so far so good!!! Thanks for watching and subb in! CJ..

Just termites and pest control, just placed the name of the place I purchased in the description, they also have the technicians on staff that will walk through this procedure, check it out I got my for about 160 with shipping I believe. thanks for watching and commenting, be sure to subb in...

There is a reason professionals are paid the money they ask for treatment. Your first mistake was contacting a national franchised company. You will pay at least double over the local, small extermination company. Further the skill of the people sent to your house to inspect and apply chemicals is, in many of my experiences, marginal at best. To apply Termador or other chemicals in the State of CT requires training and an operators license for a reason. This video is, IMO, irresponsible. 


Look at all the exterminators leaving negative comments trying to scare people into not doing it themselves.

Can you get rid of termites by burning something which produces a lot of smoke in the vicinity of the area with termites? Thank you for the great film.

where did you buy your termidor at?

Hi there mate. I have just bought a house on the Sunshine Coast in Australia. Had a termite inspection pre purchase they found old signs of termites. I am getting a few quotes in but may end up going the DIY option if they are too high. My only issue is we are 2 stories at the front and 1 at the back of the property so it is build into the hill a little. Not sure about getting to the slab at the back of the place...

Great question, so as a disclaimer I am no professional just a diyer..so Wiliah I had to do some research on the dry wood termites verses the subterranean termites...it apprears that gas fumigation is an option....but I tell you what if you have termites and you want to do it yourself..I would call the pest control diyers online stores, they are helpful...but for sub termites, I stand by this method, any body can do it and it works!!! NO MOre embarrsing SWORMS... hey good luck.tks for the sub.CJ

Diesel, first time hearing of that method, how would the diesel get to the colony for subterranean (under gourd) Thanks for watching and commenting..good luck!

I personally saved 2,000 for the original treatment and 250 per year for the renewal, therefore 5,000 over the life of the treatment, but countless for the knowledge of doing it myself and potential damage to the other structures, thanks for watching and please subscribe..for more great diyers! CJ

Glad its saving you big money, this is most definalty one of things you can really take out a day or weekend and save yourself thousands! I would go to sunbelt rentals...if you have one to rent the slab injector. The Chapin Premier should work as the I believe one of the professionals that commented on the vid said that between 30-40 psi will suffice. Thanks for watching and please be sure to sub in for more great diys. Thanks!

Nice work!  You're saving me at least $3k here.  I bought the Termidor SC and BoraCare from DYOPC.com.  One question: where would you rent a sub slab injector from?  I heard that in order to treat the soil, you need to inject the soil with pressure.  Wondering if one of those Chapin Premier sprayers will work...they are rated at 40psi.

Pretty close to the real thing. A couple of comments for you. Before patching the holes pop corks in them about 1/4 of an inch down and apply your patch over that. Second, professionals use a sub slab injector at approximately 35 PSI to insure the chemical evenly spreads throughout the soil under the slab. The way you are introducing the chemical into the drilled holes does not create the barrier we try to accomplish. Still a great video!! Thanks

Thanks so much for the comments and advice. That is something I would like for everyone to consider when doing it themselves, I have a compressor maybe I could have or the people that are watching and deciding to do it themselves can rent the sub slab injector. That does make sense to make sure that under the slab the perimeter is covered. Again thanks for the comments and for watching. A professional is always appreciated!

Thanks James for your comments, however, I was remised in your crux for how and why this video, was solely in your opinion 'irresponsible', nevertheless I did have one of my good friends that owns a 'local, ..extermination company,' acknowledge that the application of this product was applied correctly. In the state I reside in, there is no requirement of an operator’s license and as far as experience with chemicals and application I believe my professional and education as a chemist might apply

Thanks for watching, however, I am not sure why you have sub-minded your comment to 'misinformation', however I stand assured that you didn't watch the entire video while comprehending the content provided. While your comments are mis-spoken let me verbalize, that the directions of application of the chemicals were followed in ordinance, furthermore as an Environmentalist/Chemist I am sure I might have a bit of training and expertise while working for some of the largest pesticide companies. V/R

Hi Country Side Club, as a professional i like your informative video,
 however when applying Termidor to under the slab through drill holes it is stated on the label you need to apply 5-7 litres of mix per lineal meter, so by pouring through a funnel you will never achieve this, the soil under a slab is so compacted over time. The only way to get 5-7 litres of Termidor mix per lineal meter under a slab is to inject with a high pressure pump and injection rods. If you do not do this you will create a partial barrier. Please be aware that i have been to so many DIY jobs gone wrong! You may have saved some money but i would recommend getting a quote to finish the treatment off through the holes, or at least get regular inspections.

0:55 - fight and you may sweat. walk away, and you'll rest... at least a while. And comfy in your couch, many years from now, when your roof starts to fall off and your bank account is empty, would you be willin' to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to keep your money in your wallet, to come back to today and tell those creatures that they may take our wood, but they'll never take... OUR HOME!

Great video. I have found termite activity inside my house and its freaking me out!! I'm kinda desperate because honestly I don't have the money to pay a professional. This video will be of great help. I'm sure I can get it done. Thanks for posting this video. I think theres one area outside my house where I'd have to drill the holes maybe more than 4 inches apart from the structure, will this make the treatment ineffective at all?? Any tips for drilling inside the house?? Thanks again!

I am an accredited Termidor applicator and I can assure you this method is not 'sure fire'. The holes must be a maximum of 8 inches apart and the termiticide must be injected under a minimum pressure of 70kpa. Just pouring it down the holes has no assurance of proper distribution. Furthermore, 10 litres per lineal metre is best for good results. The soil areas must be trenched 50mm past footings and at least 150mm wide. The trenches must be flooded and back-filled to obtain a horizontal and vertical treated zone. The type of soil also impacts on the treatment. Penny wise pound foolish.



No comments